Gates serve as the introduction to your home, making a significant impression on visitors and potential intruders alike. While iron gates radiate security and elegance and wooden gates exude a rustic charm, both materials have their share of maintenance and deterioration challenges. Enter aluminium gates – a rising star in the realm of gate materials. Let’s delve into the aluminium gates pros and cons and learn why aluminium gates might just be the best choice for your home.
What are Aluminium Gates?
Aluminium gates, crafted from reinforced aluminium slats, come in various types including driveway, pedestrian, side entrance, and garden gates. Aluminium, known for its lightweight and versatile properties, is widely used in industries ranging from automobiles to aviation.
The Pros of Aluminium Gates
1. Strength: Surprisingly sturdy despite their lightweight nature, reinforced aluminium gates boast a high strength-to-weight ratio, rivaling traditional heavy gates.
2. Lightweight: Aluminium is 2.5-3 times lighter than steel, making aluminium gates easier to install, operate with electric motors, and handle, all while maintaining security.
3. Durability: Pre-treated with powder coating, aluminium gates resist dings and scratches, and minor damages are easily repairable. Joints tend to perform better over time compared to wooden gates.
4. Reasonable Price: Offering a cost-effective alternative, aluminium gates start at a similar price point to wooden gates, making them an attractive option.
5. Low Maintenance: Powder-coating not only enhances weather resistance but also eliminates the need for frequent repainting or staining. A simple wash and wipe routine keeps them in excellent condition.
6. Weather Resistance: Powder-coating provides aluminium gates with anti-corrosion properties, maintaining their finish even in adverse conditions. Unlike wood, aluminium doesn’t warp or rot.
7. Modern Design: Black powder-coating lends a sleek, contemporary touch to aluminium gates. Innovative designs like see-through slats offer security without compromising aesthetics.
Cons of Aluminium Gates
While the advantages are compelling, it’s crucial to consider a few limitations of aluminium gates:
1. Not as Strong as Steel: Although robust, aluminium isn’t as strong as steel, which might be a consideration in certain security-focused applications.
2. Limited Customization: Aluminium gates may have fewer design options compared to wood, limiting extreme customization.
Aluminium gates marry the strength and durability of iron and wood gates while circumventing their downsides. Their modern design, low maintenance, and resistance to weather conditions make them a smart long-term investment for both security and aesthetics. If you’re looking for a future-proof and stylish addition to your property, aluminium gates should undoubtedly be on your radar.
OKG Unihome stands out as one of the best autogate systems supplier & installer available in Kelantan. OKG Unihome boasts advanced automation technology, durable construction, and a sleek design. Additionally, the system is easy to install and maintain, making it a top choice for residential, commercial, and industrial properties.
If you’re interested in autogate, visit our website or showroom or contact us directly. Our team of experts will provide you with all the information you need to make an informed decision. Don’t compromise on the security and convenience of your property. Visit OKG Unihome showroom today!